Since 1977, riverSedge has published the very best art and literature from the South Texas region and beyond. Past artists and authors have included Barry Deutsch, Eleanor L. Bennett, Larry McMurtry, Rolando Hinojosa, Angela de Hoyos, and Sandra Cisneros.
For our upcoming issue, all submissions (except reviews and interviews) will be eligible for contest prizes in three categories: poetry, prose, and art. Here are the full guidelines:
riverSedge 2016 General Submissions/Contest Guidelines
- $5 submission fee in all genres (except reviews and interviews)
- 3 prizes of $300 will be awarded in POETRY, PROSE, and ART. All paid entries are eligible for contest prizes. Dramatic scripts and graphic literature will be judged as prose.
- Multiple submissions are welcome in all genres. However, submissions should be uploaded as separate entries. In other words, do not send two or more entries as one document.
- Previously unpublished work only. Self-published work (in print and/or on the web) is not eligible.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please notify us of acceptance elsewhere as soon as possible.
- Submissions in English, Spanish, and anything in between are welcome.
- With the exception of reviews or interviews, current staff, faculty, and students affiliated with The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley or South Texas College are not eligible to submit original work
- Deadline for submissions is March 1, 2016.